CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

engine dies in low RPM, hard to start when hot

STS 1995

When I drive in a city for a hour or so, the idle becomes unstable when stop on a red light, and engine stops in drive twice when coming from a full stop with low RPM. Car is also hard to start when hot, and I need to press a gas pedal all the way to be able to start the car. Machanic said that one of the Cam Sensors has to be replaced, but did not sound convincing. Please help me out.

Thanks!

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

push "warmer" and "OFF" simultaneously for a few seconds until DIC shows (ordoes not) the trouble codes, write them down and post here

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

All History:

P055, P099, P039, T072, T077, S044

I recently lost all power (friend left the internal lights on) and needed jumper cables.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

sounds rather like rich condition. maybe leaking fuel pressure regulator or/and injector/injectors. can you rich for FPR and pull the vacuum hose off to see if any fuel comes out of the nipel? start the car and watch the FPR, when shut it off and watch for a few more minutes. any fuel leaking from FPR means its replacement and possibly will fix the problem. if not - injectors should be checked.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I cleaned the codes, but do not know how to check the fuel preassure.

You'll have to hook a fuel pressure guage up to the fuel rail schreader valve to check the fuel pressure.

Archived