CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 deville code po231 low voltage on fuel pump, never came on untill in looked to see if i had any codes but the thing that gets me is PCM PO231 HISTORY??? why does it say history when im having problems with the fuel pump now??? should i just replace it??? thanks to whoever answers this!!!

You say that you are having problems, and I am inferring that you mean some kind of problem with the fuel pump.

What problems...exactly...are you having?

Give us some background on your problems.

Give us some detailed descriptions of the problems. (Sometimes the more detail the better)

Posted Image

You say that you are having problems, and I am inferring that you mean some kind of problem with the fuel pump.

Give us some detailed descriptions of the problems. (Sometimes the more detail the better)

when it sits for awhile its hard to start. before i heard the pump come on an now i dont. tried to put the fuel pressure gage on it an the pressure dropped, started at 49psi an just kept dropping. did it 3 times, all the same. first time doing it so im second guessing myself. dont knw if the engine light should of came on or any codes. when u press the off an hi on the control cluster thats how i got the code "po231 history". dont understand why it would say "history" when it sounds like its going out. thanks for taking the time to read this an others!!!

when it sits for awhile its hard to start. before i heard the pump come on an now i dont. tried to put the fuel pressure gage on it an the pressure dropped, started at 49psi an just kept dropping. did it 3 times, all the same. first time doing it so im second guessing myself. dont knw if the engine light should of came on or any codes. when u press the off an hi on the control cluster thats how i got the code "po231 history". dont understand why it would say "history" when it sounds like its going out. thanks for taking the time to read this an others!!!

The fuel pump may or may not be going out.

Your code of P0231 = Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit Low Voltage

I am not totally sure what the feedback circuit is.

There are a lot of people on here that are a lot smarter than I am. :D

Someone else will chime in I'm sure. :D

For the hard starting, BE SURE to check your fuel pressure regulator.

They are known for causing problems like you are describing.

Posted Image

Some code will only be current while the failure is present. IF that is the case (and I'm not sure) then it would be current while trying to start and history after you release the key. Not sure about the feedback circuit though.

Archived