CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

B1341 Air Mix Door Two - Movement Fault

laocmo

Having real trouble finding list of possible fixes for B1341 Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault.

This site has an overwhelming batch of info seemingly unrelated to this code when I search for it. Anyone point me in the right direction as to possible fixes? I think dealer will just replace the door motor. Maybe it's just stuck?? Problem is no heat on passenger side, just blows cold air. 2001 Eldorado ESC. Thanks

The rectangular box 1 is called "programmer" and contains a servo DC motor terminated with an output arm 2 with a retainer 3. A threaded road 4 (which I called "actuator" in my previous post) is engaged with the arm 3 by means of the retainer 3 . That road 4 often snaps off the retainer 3 or off the other part attached to the door (the other end of the rod, see the next picture). That's what I suggeted to test by actually accessing the device and watching the movement of the related parts while climate controls are set so that where is a movementof the DC motor inside of the programmer. The other picture illustrates the relation of the programmer to the actual air mix door.

post-312-1235435313_thumb.jpg

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived