CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Check tire pressure" message

I picked up this car from a local dealership Thursday night. The DIC would say "Check Tire Pressure". After driving for a while it would go away. I figured that one of the tires was borderline low and as soon as the tires got warm from use, the air pressure increased enough to suppress the message. I went and checked them today. The tires say on them 44psi max. I find three tires at about 30 and one at 25. I inflate them to 40psi. Now the message is on all of the time. What am I missing here?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I would tend to believe that 40 PSI is overinflated for your car. Look at the end panel on the driver door. There should be a cold tire pressure value for your vehicle. If you can't find the PSI value set the tires at 30 to 32 PSI cold until you can find the value.

This system will send a message at anything =< 24lb and =>38 lb. You risk damage to your tires at 40psi. Get them all to about 30psi and you should be ok.

I picked up this car from a local dealership Thursday night. The DIC would say "Check Tire Pressure". After driving for a while it would go away. I figured that one of the tires was borderline low and as soon as the tires got warm from use, the air pressure increased enough to suppress the message. I went and checked them today. The tires say on them 44psi max. I find three tires at about 30 and one at 25. I inflate them to 40psi. Now the message is on all of the time. What am I missing here?

Archived