CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 sts help

leecockton

I'm wondering if someone could help me, I had a problem with my 2005 v6 sts back in Aug when the car was still under warranty I would push the start button and all the power on the dash would go out and come back on after about 1 min almost like a breaker or something would reset itself but the car never started we went into the fuse box and started pulling relays and main wire harnesses apart and finally got it going. I took it into the dealer and the 1st time I went to pick it up they told me they down loaded all the latest software and it was ready to go, I went to start it and it did the same thing the next time I went to get it they told me they changed the starter and that they were just drawing at straws and try it out. Well about 4000 miles later after warranty is done its doing the same thing.Even now when I'm driving sometimes the power seems to flicker the radio goes off and the DIC starts listing service petty much everything in the car :rolleyes:

Have you or the dealer ever checked the battery cables/connections?

Yes I spent the day today cleaning battery connections I even took the battery out of my other sts and tried it, no difference also had the hole fuse box out checking couplers and wire harnesses. My buddy has a car repair shop we also checked the bulletins on alldata, one for battery problems and another for a recall for rear door wire harnesses not routed properly everything checked out ok

If you took the car to the dealer while it was still under warranty for this problem, and the problem still exists, I would take it back. It should be a documented problem. Just because the warranty ran out before the problem was fixed, doesn't mean that it is not still covered.

Talk to the area rep if the dealer won't help.

Britt

If you took the car to the dealer while it was still under warranty for this problem, and the problem still exists, I would take it back. It should be a documented problem. Just because the warranty ran out before the problem was fixed, doesn't mean that it is not still covered.

Talk to the area rep if the dealer won't help.

Well I gave up and took it back to the dealer, They spent the 1st day on it and said they thought that it was the BCM in the dash and also possibly another mod in the trunk but wanted to check with GM tech's before putting any parts in. I guess the tech's didn't confirm and told them to keep digging so they spent a 2nd day and now the service manager told me they found a melted coupler, I asked where it was but he wasn't sure, I'll find out when I pick it up. He did say the cost for it was around a $100 but there also having trouble finding one and that it might take a week. About the warranty thing its been about five months and 3000 miles since they changed the starter which I don't really believe was the problem but than again I didn't have any problems with it in that time, Maybe I should find out what coupler it was before coming any conclusions

Archived