CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

i have looked for awhile at both fuse panels for my cadillac dts 2006 and am stumped as to where the front heated seats fuse location is i have found the rear heated seats F32-20A just fine and even the heated steering wheel and windshield wiper fluid heating fuse but the fuse for the front heated seats is not even listed i am at loss for words bc i have looked at both boxes one located under back seat and engine and still have yet to find it, any suggestions please help? i can send pictures of box panels just need help due to my left heated seat not working.

I could very well be wrong about this..but...I think that both front seats work on the same circuit.

Therefore , if the passengers seat works and the drivers seat does not work...I don't think it is the fuse or the circuit.

Do the lights come on, on the door switch, when you push the button?

If they DO light up, and the seat is not getting hot, I suspect the heating element in the seat itself, instead of a fuse.

Posted Image

The heating element is also the cooling element. Does the seat cool?

On the 2006 DTS..it is not a Peltier system. (wish it was)

The cooling for the front seats is ducted from the AC system.

Or at least it is on mine.

Posted Image

Amerigon's Climate Control Seat System Offered as an Option on 2006 Cadillac DTS

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9 -- Amerigon Incorporated today announced that its proprietary Climate Control Seat (CCS) system will be offered as an option in the new 2006 Cadillac DTS sedan expected in showrooms in the Fall.

The Cadillac DTS, the replacement for the Cadillac DeVille which has offered CCS since its 2004 model year, will feature Amerigon's latest generation CCS system which incorporates Amerigon's new Micro Thermal Module II (MTM II) technology.

The CCS system is the only actively heated and cooled set system currently on the automotive market and also has the distinction of being completely environmentally friendly. The heat pump uses no CFCs or other environmentally-sensitive coolants and is built around a solid-state Thermoelectric Device (TED) that rapidly converts electric current into either heat or cold. MTM II contains a number of enhancements, including advanced thermoelectric technology, a more efficient fan and a redesigned electronic control module. These combined improvements increase the heating and cooling efficiency of CCS and simplifies packaging in vehicle seats.

"We are very proud of our relationship with Cadillac," said Amerigon President and CEO Daniel R. Coker. "We also take pride in the inclusion of our CCS system in this all new Cadillac design. We believe this is a powerful statement of support and one more example of the growing recognition of the value enhancing features of CCS. The Cadillac DTS is yet another milestone for Amerigon."

About the Climate Control Seat (CCS) System

Amerigon's proprietary CCS system significantly enhances individual driver and passenger comfort in virtually all climatic conditions by providing cooling and heating to seat occupants, as desired, using a proprietary solid-state heat pump combined with an active, microprocessor-controlled temperature management system. Ambient air is drawn into the system from the cabin of the vehicle and, based on input from individual seat controls and from temperature sensors built into CCS, the system's advanced heat pump heats or cools the air. The heat pump is built around a highly efficient, solid-state thermoelectric device (TED) that rapidly converts electric current into the desired thermal effect (hot or cold).

rek

Amerigon's Climate Control Seat System Offered as an Option on 2006 Cadillac DTS

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9 -- Amerigon Incorporated today announced that its proprietary Climate Control Seat™ (CCS™) system will be offered as an option in the new 2006 Cadillac DTS sedan expected in showrooms in the Fall.

The Cadillac DTS, the replacement for the Cadillac DeVille which has offered CCS since its 2004 model year, will feature Amerigon's latest generation CCS system which incorporates Amerigon's new Micro Thermal Module II™ (MTM II™) technology.

The CCS system is the only actively heated and cooled set system currently on the automotive market and also has the distinction of being completely environmentally friendly. The heat pump uses no CFCs or other environmentally-sensitive coolants and is built around a solid-state Thermoelectric Device (TED) that rapidly converts electric current into either heat or cold. MTM II contains a number of enhancements, including advanced thermoelectric technology, a more efficient fan and a redesigned electronic control module. These combined improvements increase the heating and cooling efficiency of CCS and simplifies packaging in vehicle seats.

"We are very proud of our relationship with Cadillac," said Amerigon President and CEO Daniel R. Coker. "We also take pride in the inclusion of our CCS system in this all new Cadillac design. We believe this is a powerful statement of support and one more example of the growing recognition of the value enhancing features of CCS. The Cadillac DTS is yet another milestone for Amerigon."

About the Climate Control Seat™ (CCS™) System

Amerigon's proprietary CCS system significantly enhances individual driver and passenger comfort in virtually all climatic conditions by providing cooling and heating to seat occupants, as desired, using a proprietary solid-state heat pump combined with an active, microprocessor-controlled temperature management system. Ambient air is drawn into the system from the cabin of the vehicle and, based on input from individual seat controls and from temperature sensors built into CCS, the system's advanced heat pump heats or cools the air. The heat pump is built around a highly efficient, solid-state thermoelectric device (TED) that rapidly converts electric current into the desired thermal effect (hot or cold).

Thank you. Very interesting reading.

The odd thing is..my seats...when you push the cooling button...will blow (more or less) interior temp air, UNLESS you push the AC button. THEN they blow COLD air.

Maybe the cooling circuit is wired into the AC button, on the assumption that you will not want COLD air on your butt unless it is warm enough to use the AC. :D

I will try it with the AC on...but the temp turned up to 90 and see if it gets cold. That would eliminate duct work and validate the ACTIVE COOLING aspect.

It will blow HOT air at any time.

I may very well have been mistaken about the duct work. It wouldn't be the first time. :D

I will check on it...maybe go talk to a tech at my dealer and report back.

Posted Image

Archived