CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 sts

scottyg

First things first. Display the Trouble Codes; here's how

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Write the codes down and pay attention to the "C" codes. Clear the codes and test drive the car; if/when you see the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM message appear, display the codes once more concentrating on "C" codes.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C1288 Steering Sensor Circuit Malfunction

This is a sensor on the steering column above the brake pedal. My 1997 FSM won't be accurate for the 2001 model year so I'll step aside at this point.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I said in a previous (unrelated) post that I would have more on my '08 DTS later, but this is a good place for a teaser. Mine's at the dealership now with a "Service Stability System" message popping up on the dash periodically. When the car was shut off, the code would clear, and reappear at various times, from 10 minutes to 1 hour of driving........very hard to duplicate. Onstar also told me that ABS was involved.

The techs called me yesterday and said that some connection pins on the EBCTM module had backed out of the connector housing, somewhere up near the hood (?) causing intermittent loss of connection. New connector ( last word used was module) was ordered, but has not arrived yet (probably went down with that FEDEX plane in the snow).

I'm driving an SRX4 3.6 VVT right now.................more on that later.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

C1288 Steering Sensor Circuit Malfunction

This is a sensor on the steering column above the brake pedal. My 1997 FSM won't be accurate for the 2001 model year so I'll step aside at this point.

A very common problem... You need to re&re the steering column to replace the sensor...

If you want and online manual that will walk you through this project PM me and I'll send you the link to down load it...

I did mine... (with help from members on this forum) once you have the column out it a piece of cake.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived