CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My codes

:( I really miss driving my car... anyway emotions aside i pulled out these codes today:

i read up on them but not really sure what most of them mean:

P052

I052

P019

S011

S013

S021

S023

S026

S028

S036

S044

If you didn’t already know, something is wrong with my battery wiring...power is not getting to the car...something to do with my ground wiring I guess... everything is closed today so I cant take it anywhere...and the truck is getting to be a real pain in the *smurf*

Haven’t been this long without driving my car since I had to replace my shift solenoids..oops ranting off again :P

if anyone can help me out a bit more it would be highly appreciated

Car does start and run properly until the power starts to go out randomly while driving

…Things go crazy, car jerks back and fourth as if there was an on and off switch… imagine someone turning it n and off simultaneously!!!!! …

Tachometer and speedometer go nuts…air conditioner comes on at high position

Thanks

Your "S" codes relate to suspension problems, mostly sensor short/open circuits. I'm not sure but they could be related to your battery wiring/ground problem. They shouldn't affect the way the car runs.

I052 is an instrument panel cluster keep alive memory error. Again, likely related to your wiring/ground problem.

Your power train codes: P052 is PCM memory reset (wiring/ground again), and P019 is a shorted fuel pump circuit (which could definitely cause irratic engine operation).

I would definitely start with the battery wiring - Check connections at both ends of both cables. That should clear up most of it. (There are some additional important ground connections but I'm not sure where they are on your car, maybe someone else can help with that.) The fuel pump wiring might have its own special problem.

I hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

From your post I could not tell if you were wondering what the codes meant, So since it is 95 degrees and about to rain...

IO52 IPC Loss of Memory

P052 PCM Memory Reset

P019 Shorted Fuel Pump Circuit

S011 Left Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open

S021 Left Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open

S026 Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open

S036 Electronic Level Control Compressor Short to Ground/Open

S044 Lift or Dive Signal Fault

I could not find the others. I know when my cables were crudded up I got the same except for the "Damper Solenoid Valve Short " You might want to look into that.

I did a quick look and saw nothing about cleaning the positive battery cable. Did you pull the two cables apart and clean in between them? Pull the plastic boot off and clean way down the cable? That was what fixed my problem...

MD

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Hmmmm....I would check the insides of the battery cables first.

Your getting some reset codes so that looks like battery cables...

I am a bit concerned about all the ride control codes.

Could be...

A bad PCM

A bad cluster/IPC

A bad RSS computer

Bad PCMs can happen...once the computer warms up it can go intermitant.

A bad RSS computer could be corupting the data on the UART line. But it should not cause the bucking.

Could be a bad fuel pump/ wiring issue.

The 2 things that really catch my attention....the fuel pump code with bucking. And the fact the the cluster/IPC is going in to defrost mode.

You could very welkl have 2 different issues going on.

Hmmmm....I would check the insides of the battery cables first.

Your getting some reset codes so that looks like battery cables...

I am a bit concerned about all the ride control codes.

Could be...

A bad PCM

A bad cluster/IPC

A bad RSS computer

Bad PCMs can happen...once the computer warms up it can go intermitant.

A bad RSS computer could be corupting the data on the UART line. But it should not cause the bucking.

Could be a bad fuel pump/ wiring issue.

The 2 things that really catch my attention....the fuel pump code with bucking. And the fact the the cluster/IPC is going in to defrost mode.

You could very welkl have 2 different issues going on.

Great : rolleyes: just what I needed to hear

:(

Update: tried to fix it today...didn’t work, so I will have to hitch a ride to school tomorrow with my Mom. Cant drive the Silverado because...Get this THE BATTERY DIED :lol: everything was closed because it was so late when we found out...

Hopefully if I wake up early tomorrow (school is at 10:00 PM) I can take it to the same shop that installed my alternator which is about a block away from my house (I can run there in 20 seconds) anyway the guy who installed my alternator in Feb still wants to take a look at it. Seems like a nice and honest mechanic, although he can’t recall mentioning to my dad about the cut wires he found when installing the alternator. But again he said he would take a look at it, so what the hell

PLEASE HOPE AND PRAY ITS NOTHING SERIOUS!

Archived