CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

tire shine

I protect the interior of my car with clear carnauba wax. It offers 100% protection against UV radiation in a natural form. It also stops dust from sticking to the dashboard etc.

Although I don't go as far as Carnuba wax on the interior, I have found 303 (as it claims) to be a strong repeller of dust and stains, both in and outside the cars.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

your tires are coated with a substance at the factory that protects them from the damaging effects of Ozone. Once that coating is gone, and silicone based products will remove it almost instantly, your tires will begin to dry rot because of exposure to Ozone. Rubber and Ozone don't mix.

Uh.....The UV inhibitors are mixed in with the rubber when it is compounded prior to the molding process. There is no "coating" applied to the tires.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

SILICONE BREAST IMPANTS LOOK BETTER TOO BUT, THEY ARE NOT REAL.

Who cares if they're silicone or real???? :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

your tires are coated with a substance at the factory that protects them from the damaging effects of Ozone.  Once that coating is gone, and silicone based products will remove it almost instantly, your tires will begin to dry rot because of exposure to Ozone.  Rubber and Ozone don't mix.

Uh.....The UV inhibitors are mixed in with the rubber when it is compounded prior to the molding process. There is no "coating" applied to the tires.

Uh.....UV and Ozone are two different things.

UV is radiation from the sunlight. Ozone is a gas found in our upper atmosphere and on the planet's surface. Ground Level Ozone is one of the chief ingredients that lead to the formation of smog.

You are right, UV inhibitors are mixed into the rubber compound at the time of manufacture. Ozone protectants are applied to the tire at the end of the manufacture process. Two separate steps.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The ozone inhibitors are blended with the rubber compound prior to molding as well.

I used to work with a lot of molded rubber products in my previous job as a supplier to the automotive OEMs and none of the rubber products had a coating for ozone resistance. It was blended in with the compound and certified to the appropriate SAE spec. or ASTM spec.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I like Eagle one Wet Tire Shine.

Thought i'd save a few bucks and pick up some generic 'Advanced Auto' tire spray.. bad idea, two days later it had gummed up and looked like SHlT !

Everything would stick to the tires.. Beach sand, Brake dust, you name it.

Also, i like the spray bottle, not the arosol

Archived