CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power tilt on 2000 DHS steering column stopped working

Fuses can go wrong. Under the rear seat there will be a 30A fuse identified as PWR T&T. Also a 10A MEM T&T.

I'm pretty sure there are a few trouble codes (DTCs) for tilt/telescoping and you can display your's this way

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

You are most interested in "B" codes.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• 1 month later...
Probably an actuator. Better find a FSM first.

I just experienced something similar; the wheel telescopes, but does not tilt. What was the outcome of your situation? I'd be very interested in learning more.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
I just experienced something similar; the wheel telescopes, but does not tilt. What was the outcome of your situation? I'd be very interested in learning more.

Thanks,

I'm the opposite Tilt works Telescope doesn't hmmmm

• 5 months later...

Thanks,

Just encountered the same on my 05 Deville DHS...Told by dealer that I need actuator to the tune of 2500.00...Claims needs new column - did you find anything different? Appreciate it as it sounds sketchy..

Thanks,

Just encountered the same on my 05 Deville DHS...Told by dealer that I need actuator to the tune of 2500.00...Claims needs new column - did you find anything different? Appreciate it as it sounds sketchy..

I will assume that you are not under warranty.

Just like going to the Dr...get a second opinion. :D

Might be a good idea to get a Field Service Manual from e-bay or HELMINC.

The actuator may be able to be replaced without having to replace the entire steering column.

I don't know your mechanical abilities, but you may be able to do it yourself.

Posted Image

• 4 years later...

TRY THIS FIRST! I had the same problem but it was stuck in the lowest position and it made it difficult to get in and out of the car. TRY THIS.. while driving over bumps and the lane dots on the freeway, HOLD THE UP OR DOWN and see if it works. I did it and all of a sudden it started working again.

Archived