CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1988 Eldorado vacuum diagram needed

morgenroete

I had a 1988 Eldorado. Best car I have ever owned. Extremely reliable, fun to drive, good mpg too. I wish I had kept it as a daily driver. Couldn't convince my wife to use it instead of her darn Jeep. Nothing but trouble with that one...

My -02 STS has had it problems too, but after the Eldo all cars seems troublesome :)

The STS is great and is reliable too, just had my share of problems for a while now. But I guess I'm still on the downslope of the bathtub curve.

Good luck and keep that great car!

I had a 1988 Eldorado. Best car I have ever owned. Extremely reliable, fun to drive, good mpg too. I wish I had kept it as a daily driver. Couldn't convince my wife to use it instead of her darn Jeep. Nothing but trouble with that one...

My -02 STS has had it problems too, but after the Eldo all cars seems troublesome :)

The STS is great and is reliable too, just had my share of problems for a while now. But I guess I'm still on the downslope of the bathtub curve.

Good luck and keep that great car!

I second that. I also own a 1988 Eldorado and it too has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. The engine has 240k miles on it and it has never been touched other than small things such as the water pumps and alternator. It is also extremely simple to work on.

IPB Image

Dave S,

Thank you for the diagram! I will try that!

Jan Olsson and Ed Hall,

Thank zou for your answers! I will definitely keep this Caddy. It is great car and today I just heard from a friend who is fixing it that the overheating problem is not from cracked head or gasket but from a bad waterpump.

I bought the car in th US but moved back to Switzerland. The car is still in the US. I guess I get a Christmas present now.

Thanks guys!

Archived