CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PO 420, PO41

Rusty

2001 STS. No start / no crank pointed to starter replacement. After driving car home from dealer, severe loss of power occurred. The engine was laboring and felt like it was about to stall. Check engine light on. I noticed a burnt smell when I finally limped home and parked in garage. Brought back to dealer next day, coil wire (?) had supposedly came loose. The mechanic tightened it, and said that it didn't leave that way, and the clamp may have loosened. He explained that car was probably running on 4 cylinders. Next day the check engine light is still on and codes PCM PO420, PO410 were current. Cleared codes, but check engine light back on and PO141 is current. I noticed that on the bill for the starter replacement, there was no parts listing for an intake manifold gasket . Shouldn't a new gasket have been installed on a car with 84K miles ? Anyway, called the dealer and have appt. for next week. Since they were last to touch the car I feel they have an obligation to fix it - at their expense. Do you think there is any chance the cat converter or oxygen sensors were damaged ?

P0141 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0410 - Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System

P0420 - Catalyst System Low Efficiency

Possibly a connection left off?

If 0141 is the only current code, I would replace the O2 sensor and see what happens. Im not sure, but it seems like a bad O2 sensor could cause other emissions codes to be set (like the AIR system and catalyst system).

Thats where Ide start, but I cant afford a dealer. I would try to get the dealer to check over his work if he was the last to work on it.

Jonah

Archived