CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Clicking Noise when making Right Turns Only!

joeparra

I have a 2000 Cadillac deville that recently started making loud clicking noise,when turning to the right only?

I took my car in thinking it was a Cv boot.They charge me $500 in repairs.I drove the car Home and it was still making that same noise when turning to the right.The Shop re-place the Right Cv/Hub but that did not Fix the problem!

Now he is saying that its the Starter that is hitting somthing.I was very Up-set with the shop that suppously fix the car.

Has anyone else had that problem??

Joe2

:welcomesmiley: and thank you for posting. The first post is the hardest one.

If you hear the sound on the right that usually means the problem is on the left. Not sure why that is, but it is.

The starter on the northstar is in a position where it is very unlikely to be hitting something.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My 2002 does this too... new CV joints and new bearings still making the noise... I'm going to try ball joints next.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

The starter is under the manifold and since it is a sidewinder (transverse mounted), the rear of the engine faces the left side of the car. If the starter pinion spring has broken, when you turn right, it is possible that the pinion slides to the left and contacts the spinning flywheel. A CV joint is more of a clunking sound as I recall.

The pinion hitting the flywheel would make a TERRIBLE noise that should get worse with engine speed... There is NO way its the starter (at least not on my car)

On my car it makes the noise ONLY during "medium" speed turns... and on my car it is getting worse and worse... it use to be quite intermittent and now it is pretty much all of the time... Turning in and out of the drive way (right turn only) it makes a brrttt brrrt noise... very similar to driving over cobble stones, expansion joints or rough asphalt.

Interestingly enough, FAST sweeping "lean the car way over" entrance ramp rights do NOT make the noise...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived