CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio problem

holly

94 Deville, no sound from radio am or fm, cassette and cd work fine... rear amp model in right rear fender by antenna

All fuses check ok in trunk and engine.. other fuses somewhere? what other things to check? switched out radio head in dash, same problem.

:welcomesmiley: and thank you for posting.

Does the radio appear to work but no sound comes out? But the display lights up etc? In that case I would guess you have a break in the line to the antenna or short in the antenna circuit.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

You may have the same problem I had in both my 93 STS's. The coaxial antenna lead, that plugs into the antenna, was getting corroded.

The connection is located in the right,rear of the trunk, behind a cover panel.

To Clean:

To remove the cover panel, by carefully prying out its holding plugs.

Pull out the coaxial antenna lead from the antenna.

Brush clean the antenna lead thoroughly; I use a brass wire brush.

Spray small amount of electrical cleaner up into the antenna lead receptor.

Use a small round brush to clean the receptor.

Spray both receptor and antenna lead liberally with WD40, and plug the lead back in.

Replace cover panel with its holding plugs.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Bruce could you elabrate on antenna line or circuit? You have decribed my problem accuratly

I think George is on the right track above. Start at the antenna and work back to the radio module in the trunk. Don't trust any connection, but disconnect, clean, and reconnect.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I believe on the '94, the radio has 2 parts, with the radio receiver in the trunk. I recall reading on this site of radio issues where just disconnected the battery (Black cable) reset the radio, and fixed the issue. I see you replaced the head unit, but I'm not sure during that procedure if the trunk unit was reset.

Archived