CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Nuisance Codes

Two more history codes reared their heads today. "Check brake pads" came up on the DIC today. Figured it was nothing because had the pads changed not long ago. Two history codes, ABS C1246 and AMP U1064. I have claered them and will see if they come back. Tried to look them up but can't find anything that relates to the OBDII codes.

This brought up an idea. I would do it myself if I had the info. Could someone do a list of the codes that relates to each OBD system and the Cadillacs that have each system and the model and year of each. I know this info is already out there is cyber space but it is fragmented. If there was a reference section on the site for this, it would save everyone some time. Any vollenteers?

Also, what are my history codes?

Thanks in advance

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Hi Ricksteer

I had all the codes you could think of come up on the DIC panel and it turned out that my intrument cluster was bad It started little by little a code here a code there then some of the gauges would be inop.. Just a though anything's possible..It took a few weeks to finally fail but I did get tons of random cades then they would just go away..as fast as they came..Every time you would restart the car another code would pop up..It took tme to hard fail too..Just a thought anything is possible with electronics I refer to that stuff as the FM principle F'ing magic

Good Luck

Jim

Thanks Jim. I'm not too worried about the codes as the car is running like champ.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Two more history codes reared their heads today. "Check brake pads" came up on the DIC today. Figured it was nothing because had the pads changed not long ago. Two history codes, ABS C1246 and AMP U1064. I have claered them and will see if they come back. Tried to look them up but can't find anything that relates to the OBDII codes.

This brought up an idea. I would do it myself if I had the info. Could someone do a list of the codes that relates to each OBD system and the Cadillacs that have each system and the model and year of each. I know this info is already out there is cyber space but it is fragmented. If there was a reference section on the site for this, it would save everyone some time. Any vollenteers?

Also, what are my history codes?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Not sure I have exactly what you are looking for, but I do have a text file of OBDII codes applicable through 2002 (captured from the AWH web site to give credit where due).

The file I maintain is identified as GM specific but many (or all ?) of the "P" codes are generic to all OBDII vehicles intended for the North American market per EPA and SAE specifications and emissions standards.

A code is a code is a code for a given year far as "P" codes are concerned. The terminology might change slightly from year to year as the meaning/language is clarified, but the basic meaning/intent of a given "P" code remains the same.

Other types/classes of codes ("B" for example) are not EPA mandated and may be make/model specific.

Happy to email the file to you at your request.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Please do.

..Just a thought anything is possible with electronics I refer to that stuff as the FM principle F'ing magic

Good Luck

Jim

Many names for that phenomonem. My favorite is PFM and the P is for "pure".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If there was a reference section on the site for this, it would save everyone some time. Any vollenteers?

I would be happy to volunteer to do up the codes for the 1992 Seville/Eldorado based upon what's in the service manual.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika:

Have you seen this page??

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

I have now!! :D:P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

That would be an amusing thread until someone from NASA (or your favorite government-speak agency) jumped in and consumed all the available PFM bandwidth....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Yes that would be a funny thread with the acronyms I work with aircraft and we have many many acronyms for various issues that pop up, AFU mode=All F'd Up etc, etc,, You should see the look on the secretaries face when she types some memo's or service reports for us. She will ask about a word and mention there is no word like that I corrected your typo's I tell her put it in as is When I tell her what it( acronyms ) stands for She just gets a Very big grin and walks away shaking her head Saying ok I'll put it in.. These reports are field service just shared among other engineers so we get away with that stuff..

Looking forward to the thread

Jim

Someone should start a thread on the various acronyms that are used in different industries at certain moments....things like SWAG (scientific wild *smurf* guess), FUBR (F'd up beyond repair), VERY fine tolerancesor clearances measured in an RCH (Red and Hair come to mind here....LOL)....

Check out www.acronymsearch.com They give the meanings of everything you mentioned excepy FUBR and for that one they give the option of filling in the meaning if you know what it is.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

FUB-Repair is a good one; and I remember a time in the '60's for my crowd it was FUB-Recognition military-speak. Sort of like SNAFU (Situation Normal All ..).

There must be an infinite number of permutations/combinations. On to more technical things.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived