CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Supply and Demand: Nissan GT-R prices up $7.5K

Edmunds notes:

NASHVILLE, Tennessee — Nissan hiked the price today for its 2009 GT-R supercar, increasing the MSRP to $76,480 for the base car and $79,090 for the GT-R Premium. Originally priced at $69,850, the change reflects an increase of 10 percent.

Nissan said the cost of steel is up. Also apparently dealers are able to mark up the popular GT-R and Nissan wants to reclaim some of those profits.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Edmunds notes:

NASHVILLE, Tennessee — Nissan hiked the price today for its 2009 GT-R supercar, increasing the MSRP to $76,480 for the base car and $79,090 for the GT-R Premium. Originally priced at $69,850, the change reflects an increase of 10 percent.

Nissan said the cost of steel is up. Also apparently dealers are able to mark up the popular GT-R and Nissan wants to reclaim some of those profits.

Golly, and I was just gonna buy one (NOT)! :D

I just read a commodities report the other day saying the price of sulfuric acid has recently jumped tremendously. Apparently it's quite a staple for metal refiners, especially where copper, nickel, and uranium are concerned. Now I haven't bought much uranium lately, but copper and nickel are hugely important to all of us. I expect we'll see increasing shortages of commodities that will put a crimp in our future lifestyles. And sometimes it will be for seemingly silly reasons like a shortage of sulfuric acid.

Not a recommendation, but if you like steel, you could do worse than keeping an eye on NUCOR CORP COM (NUE). It's created wealth for many folk over the long term (and it likes to split).

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived