CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94 Eldo MAP sensor connection

Ion

I think I have some insight re: the solution to my ongoing MAP sensor error messages I posted last week and before that, several months ago. I was informed that the sensor's "nipple" is supposed to be, first, installed facing downward, into the plastic mount. I had it installed where the "nipple" was facing upward. It was like this for several months! Secondly, it was suggested that the nipple is supposed to be attached to a grommet and / or into some sort of vaccum line as well.

Any definitive answers here? Please no speculation, only fact, as I've been messing with this for almost a year with no concrete results and I feel this issue might just nip the source of the problem in the bud and once and for all, solve the nasty p032, p071 and p095's!!!

UPDATE...all hopes have been dashed! Despite installing the MAP sensor correctly, the car just stalled again, once again producing the p032 and p095 errors! Back to the friggin' shop again!! Maybe third time's the charm with these guys?!?!?!?!

If I understand the codes right......

p032 is .... SHORTED MAP SENSOR.

p095 is .... STALL DETECTED, which is correct, because it DID stall

Do you have a spare KNOWN GOOD MAP sensor you could swap in for a day or two? Just for a test?

The P032 indicates the MAP sensor itself, but I am wondering...

Have you checked the wires going to the map sensor to see if one of them has gotton cut or chafed thru the insulation somewhere?

That might be worth a look.

It will be tedious checking the wires really really good... but from your post... you have been messing with it for a while.

I am not up to speed on your previous posts...

Can you post a synopsis of your troubleshooting so far?

Posted Image

"Have you checked the wires going to the map sensor to see if one of them has gotton cut or chafed thru the insulation somewhere? "

Yes...all wires are in good shape. BTW...a p032 on my '94 Eldo's system is an open MAP message. The car is going to the shop that "repaired" this issue last Feb. to have another shot at it. Sorry, I just don't have the motivation to dig up all the posts re: this anymore, but thanks for the reply.

"Have you checked the wires going to the map sensor to see if one of them has gotton cut or chafed thru the insulation somewhere? "

Yes...all wires are in good shape. BTW...a p032 on my '94 Eldo's system is an open MAP message. The car is going to the shop that "repaired" this issue last Feb. to have another shot at it. Sorry, I just don't have the motivation to dig up all the posts re: this anymore, but thanks for the reply.

Sorry about that... I probably looked at the wrong list of codes.

I am not an electrical engineer, but an "OPEN" circuit to me, means either a wire is broke or not plugged in, somewhere, which of course is totally different from a "SHORTED" circuit.

Good luck on the shop finding it. I hope it is a quick and in-expensive repair for you.

Posted Image

Archived