CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Secret Life of the Engine

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=34665

25 minute video about engines. Informative and funny. Had me laughing :lol: :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• 4 weeks later...

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=34665

25 minute video about engines. Informative and funny. Had me laughing :lol: :lol:

I watched it and had great fun!

Talk about shady tree mechanic...when he smashed the oil-filter with the engine running I almost fell of my chair :D

He did of course a great job to explain how things actually work, quite educational for someone who thinks that he knows it all ;)

I enjoyed the link, Marika! The music brought back memories for me, too! I spoke to my dad this morning and we shared the sound bite of "Take 5" together. Besides being a car lover, Dad's first love is music. He said that Paul Desmond of the Dave Brubeck Quartet played the sax and Dave was the piano player. I remember Dad playing it on his sax.

I want to bookmark that video to show my dad when he visits next week! Thanks for sharing!

JimD, did you know that vinyl LPs have made a come-back? Too bad we donated ours to a friend's garage sale.

New ones are being made in bid volumes. We watched a TV show of them being manufactured. Young buyers are into them big time. They are buying up the old ones in stores.

Shelby Lynne was on the show, and was happy that an album she had made was being released on an album.

We even got rid of our turntables. I don't have anything to play my old District Band records on. It's time to go to the electronics store and look for a new one! I recall how expensive a replacement stylis got.

Archived