CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

multiple trouble codes

im working on a 2000 seville sts it was brought to me with a missfire i put the computer on it and read codes p0102 mass air flow, p0151 o2 sensor pre converter right bank (rear) p0171 too lean bank 1, p0172 too rich bank 2, p0174 too lean bank 2, p0300 multiple missfire, p0420 cataltic system efficency below threshold, p0440 evap emission system malfunction, p0741 torque convertor clutch circuit stuck off.

the guy put fuel injection cleaner in it and it started all of this.first thing im going to do is change the plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter any other recomendations would be gratelly appreciated

im working on a 2000 seville sts it was brought to me with a missfire i put the computer on it and read codes p0102 mass air flow, p0151 o2 sensor pre converter right bank (rear) p0171 too lean bank 1, p0172 too rich bank 2, p0174 too lean bank 2, p0300 multiple missfire, p0420 cataltic system efficency below threshold, p0440 evap emission system malfunction, p0741 torque convertor clutch circuit stuck off.

the guy put fuel injection cleaner in it and it started all of this.first thing im going to do is change the plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter any other recomendations would be gratelly appreciated

I would first check the o2 sensors. It might be responsible for the most of codes. There is a diagonostics procedure. Someone with FSM will probably chime in with specifics. I would leave the fuel filter and the air filter alone. The po741 is a separate story.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

• 3 weeks later...

I would first check the o2 sensors. It might be responsible for the most of codes. There is a diagonostics procedure. Someone with FSM will probably chime in with specifics. I would leave the fuel filter and the air filter alone. The po741 is a separate story.

i figured out the problem right after i first posted it was the ignition control module on the front coil that is also what caused the other codes only 4 cylinders were firing thanks

i figured out the problem right after i first posted, it was the ignition control module on the front coil that is also what caused the other codes only 4 cylinders were firing thanks

very good job sir, you saved your friend a lot of money ...

and an air filter never hurts, because they are cheap and easy to replace ...

and, if you tell us, how many miles are on it, some of us might provide you with a few things

that you could do for your buddy, as preventive medicine ... such as new anti-freeze and the bars tabs ...

clean EGR, etc. ...

Lane

Archived