CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1999 Deville codes

bschelle

My ses light came on. I have a 99' Deville with 102,000 on the odometer. I just had plugs, all filters and the trans serviced at 97,233. I get all of the following codes: P0122,P0404,P0741,P1122,P1527,P1599,U1255,B1327,B2471,B2477 and U1255. Can anybody tell me what they all mean or steer me to where I can look them up? Runs great otherwise!

Thanks in advance,

Bill.

Geez, thats alot of codes. Are the all current or are some of them history?

PO122-Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

PO404-EGR Open Position Performance

PO741-TCC System Stuck Off

P1122-Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage

P1527-Transmission Range to Pressure Switch Correlation

P1599-Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected

U1255-Serial Data Line Class 2 Init. Error

B1327-Ignition 1 Voltage Low

B2471-Interior Lamp Fault

B2477-Reverse Lamps Shorted to Ground

U1255-Serial Data Line Malfunction

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere?

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

I know the B2477 is current because the back up lights do not work and I am almost positive all of the rest are history. I scribbled them down and I have to double check for current or history. Would the B2477 cause the ses message? Or is it something else like a programmed message after a 100,000 miles? I also have a slow leaking water pump (impeller tool is on order) and the low coolant message comes on once in a while.

Bill.

I'm not sure, but it could be possible that having the reverse lights short to ground might be causing alot of your codes. There's no programmed message set to come on at a specific time that I'm aware of. I'd fix the ground, then clear all the codes and see if any of them return. Fix that water pump and don't forget to add the pellets or bars leak to your 50/50 mix of DexCool and distilled water.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

What kind of vehicle do you have? If you'll add your vehicle information under your profile, we'll know what machine you're working with. :)

Use DEX-COOL if your car is 1996 model year or newer and it still has DEX-COOL in the system (the orange stuff). If your car is 1995 model year or older, just use the standard green coolant, even if someone has already put DEX-COOL in it. If your car is '95 or older, the green coolant was the factory fill and the system is "contaminated" with it. The DEX-COOL will give you no advantages; it only costs more in this case.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived