CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 Seville Console light bulbs sought

The light bulbs in the upper most module in the center console of my 96 Seville STS have died and I can't locate replacements. This is the module for the "trunk", "fuel door", "info" etc buttons. Cadillac parts says they are not replaceable except by buying the whole module. Seems a bit overkill and costly to me. Anyone have any ideas on where to get replacement bulbs such as this. I've attached a photo of the two bulbs, the longer one goes into the "info" button and the shorter one goes into the four other buttons. Any help would be appreciated. Larry

post-3-1083845448.jpg

I would take them down to your local "Buick" dealer and see if they can match them up. They look like some from a Riviera, may be the same. otherwise try a Google search for the number if there is one on the assembly. You might also try to replace just the bulb in the socket, could try your patience but it must come apart somehow! LOL

Have you removed the bulbs from the socket and checked them for a trade number? There should be a small number actually printed on the bulbs (if not worn off). It'll be something like #194 or #63, etc. If you can find a number, take them down to your local auto parts retailer and they'll have a wide variety of bulbs available.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I needed one for the shifter part of my console and I was told the same thing--you have to order the whole wiring assembly to get the bulb. I forgot where I finally got one. It was either at an automotive store like Pep Boys or an electronics store. The blue part of the bulb is like a condom. It rolls on or off. The number for the bulb is underneath the blue "sheath." Take it off very carefully because you will probably have to put it on the replacement otherwise the lighting at night won't match the rest of the vehicle.

Max

Archived