CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Escalade-V power?

I keep reading rumors that a V-10 or a V-12 might power the Escalade

V-series. Why the confusion? The XV-12 or XV-16 as shown in the Cien hark back to the Cadillac V-12's and V-16's and have plenty of power for a hot Escalade. I also remember that Arlington has already made at least one V-12 Escalade, so we know it all plays together.

There is a market for performance Escalades; why not bring out an LS6 version, with 400+ hp, as a 'sport' version while we wait for the V-12 production?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, I read an article in one of the automotive rags where they drove a V-12 powered Escalade. They said performance was much better than with the V-8 engine...not quite what they expected though. I can't remember if they quoted any performance figures. I'm sure it was the 12 cylinder engine though. I can try to find which magazine that was. Probably Car & Driver.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Ah here is some more info -- check this article: http://www.aluminum.org/Content/ContentGro...ine_in_2007.htm

it suggests this V-10 engine is an offshoot of the LS1/Vortec line of OHV engines, not a Northstar offshoot like the XV12. This should make the V-10 cheaper to produce, and apparently it is further along in development.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived