CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Board with your Caddy?

Scotty

I didnt drive my Deville for about 4 days as my car was in front of my wife's 2002 Monte Carlo that has a 3.4 Liter V6. Its a nice car but feels more like a foreign car if you ask me. It really doesnt have any guts/torque. So after a few days I got back in my 96 Deville and realized WHY I love it, WOW what a car it is with its neck snapping torque. Drive some Japanese burners or wimpy torque car for a few days and you will RE-appreciate your Caddy! Mike

I'm glad you corrected that. I thought at first that the post had to do with carrying your surboard on your Cadillac! LOL

I never even noticed until you said something. Guess I understood what you were saying. I have had the chance to reunit with my cadillac since my license are suspended for 2 years. I know one thing I am ready to drive that baby. I start it up almost once a day. It really sucks that I can't drive it. I was driving it with suspended license but I got caught a few too many times. So now I have been fixing it up little by little.

actually i was the first to address the whole "re-appreciate" your cadillac in some old post :rolleyes: but i'll let you take the credit. :lol:

and yes it is true...believe it or not, after about a month drivig the Silverado my STS felt like a darn race car! AHAHAHAHAHAH

then it slowly dawned on me that i was! JK :rolleyes:

Whenever I place my bottom on the lovely leather seats and start her up, I get the biggest smile on my face. I Love that friggin car.

But I think everyone will agree with me when I say there is no better time to ride in the Caddy when you just gave it a nice clean, rims are shining, music is pumping and every time I turn the corner I slide in the seats because I love to clean those precious seats.

I cleaned the car today and took some pics, but how can I post them?

The picture is way too much.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Man you have got that right, I had to let my STS sit for a few weeks while I ordered the shift solenoids and had the alternator rebuilt, I drove my wifes Lesabre during the down time. I took the time to really clean and detail my Caddy while I waited on parts. After I installed the new shift solenoids and alternator, you should have the smile on my face as I slid into those shiny slick leather seats and the grin only got bigger as I crakeded up and hit the highway.

Gotta love these cars... what a ride

John

John

Well, I guess I better read my post first also, I meant to say cranked it up and took out like a bat out of hell..., well after I checked to make sure the trans solenoids were ok.

John

John

I store my Fleetwood Brougham during the winter and each spring, I can't wait to drive my Cadillac!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Howyadoin,

Occasionally I have to use my wife's Isuzu Rodeo LS 4X4 if weather or other circumstances require. It's not a bad truck, but it's just that; a truck. Leather, nice tunes, cargo space and great in the slop, but I'd rather be strapped to the roof of my Caddy going down the highway than driving the Rodeo. Too tippy, too prone to crosswinds, gets unsettled after 70 MPH... It's fine around town, but I'm always happy to slip back in the Caddy, get way down low in the seat and cruise...

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

whenever i get blocked in by my wife's camry, i just move her car out of the way to get to my baby...like last night when i went out with some friends. i had to get up and move it this morning so she could get to work.

whenever i get blocked in by my wife's camry, i just move her car out of the way to get to my baby...like last night when i went out with some friends. i had to get up and move it this morning so she could get to work.

Goob, I have done exactly the same thing, so much so that I want a two car driveway!!! Mike

Mike,

We are renting a townhouse right now but will be buying a house this summer. HIGH on the priority list is TWO CAR GARAGE! We have turned down some pretty nice houses with one car garages.

All week long I drive my work truck ('96 Ford Ranger) which by the way has been a great truck.

At work which is a Funeral Home that is a FMC believer, I drive Lincolns.

Let me tell you when the weekend comes just try and keep me out of that Eldo.

Enoughh said.

post-3-1083463115.jpg

and yes it is true...believe it or not, after about a month drivig the Silverado my STS felt like a darn race car! AHAHAHAHAHAH

then it slowly dawned on me that i was! JK :rolleyes:

I just changed the front brake pads on my GMC pick up and I noticed how much BIGGER the calipers are on my STS then on my 1/2 ton truck! They are designed to perform, world class!

post-3-1083465552.jpg

Not bored with the 01 dts yet.The more I drive the car the more I like it.

It handles well,plenty of power,not bad on the fuel side on the highway.The car has enough creature comforts to make me happy.

Overall it's just a nice car in my book.My wife does not like the car She like her's a 98 deville. SHe thinks the dts is a dolled up pontiac. Not me I will take the 01 over that one any day. I have driven a few new devilles and I don't notice much diff. through the 01 to the current devilles.Anyway the 01 will be her next car and I'm sure I will get another cadillac probably a xlr that's a nice old mans sports car..

Cheers

Jim

Archived