CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where to get tools?

Astrak

I'm replacing the fuel rail in my 98 SLS. I can't seem to find a fuel injector removal tool or the tool to remove the metal collar quick connects for the fuel line. Would anyone know where to rent or buy these tools or if an auto parts store would have an equivalent?

The injectors should just lift up. The fuel line disconnect tools are available at any auto parts store.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You get several sizes in the kit. I think the GM line is either 5/16 or 3/8 inch. You place the tool over the line, slide it into the fitting which depresses the little catch and pull it apart, real easy.

NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone - they all sell these tools and I think they're just 4 or 5 or 6 dollars - real cheap.

Last time I bought a GM quick disconnect fuel line tool was when I replaced the intake manifold on my wifes 3800 several years ago. In the end I wound up using needle nose pliers as best as I can recall.

You get several sizes in the kit. I think the GM line is either 5/16 or 3/8 inch. You place the tool over the line, slide it into the fitting which depresses the little catch and pull it apart, real easy.

NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone - they all sell these tools and I think they're just 4 or 5 or 6 dollars - real cheap.

I went to autozone and checker and the ones they sold were in seperate packages by size, the service manual says a tool is needed to remove the injectors from the intake manifold but I'll see what I can do.

Archived