CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FYI-weighed 97 Eldorado ETC

apache13

Just an FYI, I had to go to the landfill last night and get rid of some junk from my “pre-winter cleaning” last week....I weighed in and weighed out...my outbound weight was 4,040 pounds with me in the car (+ or – 20 pounds) and 3,880-3,860 (+/-20) pounds with me out of the car off of the scale. I thought I would be pushing around 4,500 pounds...lighter than I thought!

The 92-97 Seville and 92-02 Eldorado were relatively "lithe" for their size and mechanicals. The 98+ Seville porked out a few hundred pounds, and is closer to around 4200 lbs I believe.

By the way, in your profile, you list both LD8 and L37 engines. Do you have two '97 Eldorados? If you have just the one ETC, you have the L37 engine. The LD8 was found in the base Eldorado.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The 92-97 Seville and 92-02 Eldorado were relatively "lithe" for their size and mechanicals. The 98+ Seville porked out a few hundred pounds, and is closer to around 4200 lbs I believe.

By the way, in your profile, you list both LD8 and L37 engines. Do you have two '97 Eldorados? If you have just the one ETC, you have the L37 engine. The LD8 was found in the base Eldorado.

I didn't know you could choose which engine on the profile, I didn't think it was an option to choose...I have the ETC...don't have my VIN off hand....Which one was which again?

-Anthony

I didn't know you could choose which engine on the profile, I didn't think it was an option to choose...I have the ETC...don't have my VIN off hand....Which one was which again?

-Anthony

Wait, never mind....I see it in your post

The LD8 had 275 hp and 300 lb*ft of torque. Very good torque... I had that engine in my '97 SLS.

The L37 had 300 hp and 295 lb*ft of torque. Not as much torque, but more power up high. I have that engine in my '01 STS.

I prefer the LD8 engine, but I like the shorter 3.71 final drive that the L37 powertrain has. In my opinion, the perfect combo is the 275 hp engine with the 3.71 transaxle.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

my outbound weight was 4,040 pounds with me in the car (+ or – 20 pounds) and 3,880-3,860 (+/-20) pounds with me out of the car

I wish I still weighed 160........ :(

LOL...my metabolism is slowing down...I don't see the 160-165 lasting no more than a year or two

Archived