CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Set Temperature Offset

Devin O'Conor

Can someone tell me which override is Set Temperature Offset on a 1998 DeVille? I could only find instructions for OBD I cars and for 1996.

Can this still be done on a 1998 DeVille? I did it on my 1995 SLS and was much happier with the climate control performance. I didn't have to keep the temp set real low to stay comfortable.

K.O.T.

IPS06

This code allows the HVAC system set temperature to be different from the driver commanded (CCC or CCP) set temperature from -5°F to 5°F.

Important

If any of the override values are changed and the following procedure is not followed, DTC B1557 may be set. DTC B1557 may not be cleared. DTC B1557 is a non-recoverable condition. Replace the IPC if DTC B1557 is present. If the OFF button is pressed and the IPC displays the IPC CLEAR CODES message, exit the vehicle diagnostic system and start over. This action resets the override options back to the original values and prevents DTC B1557 from setting.

The current override value is displayed in the trip odometer display. Follow the procedure below in order to change the override value.

Add the value of the new feature (shown on the right) to the displayed override value.

Increment the value by pressing the appropriate button below:

Digital IPC -- the CCC warmer (RED) button

Analog IPC -- the CCP PASS warmer (up arrow) button

Decrement the value by pressing the appropriate button below:

Digital IPC -- the CCC cooler (BLUE) button

Analog IPC -- the CCP PASS cooler (down arrow) button

In order to permanently store the new value, press and hold the buttons below until the new displayed override value flashes once (approximately 5 seconds):

Digital IPC -- the front defrost (symbol) and the AUTO/ECON buttons

Analog IPC -- the front defrost (symbol) and the A/C buttons

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived