CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Board not recognising my visits?

Bruce,

The board does not seem to recognise my last visits anymore

It says : Welcome back; your last visit was: Oct 11 2007, 07:06 PM

This give me an issue with the new posts option.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marc.

Edit - Sorry, was to quick with yelling... i logged out the proper way and signed in again, that seemed to do the trick.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

The forum software uses cookies for this. For example, my last visits show differently when I log in from my phone or from my desktop. Try clearing out your cookies and see if that helps going forward; it will mean you have to log in again, but may help the cookie updates.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I think i logged in from my workplace at that day which i normally never do.

That might have screwed it up?

Anyway, seems to work again now.

Thanks Bruce!

Marc.

The way that the forum software works in terms of how it keeps up with when you last visited has not changed.

There is a limit to the 'remember me' function (as there has been before) of x number of days then it will ask you to log in again.

Please tell me more if you feel the forum is not behaving in the correct manner. Do try to clear your cookies first in case the cookie format changed slightly at the update and that is driving the issue.

Bruce

I have submitted this as an error to Tech Support. They list a similar issue with the new version that may be related. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Bruce

Tech Support says:

We're seeing some reports of this, and do have a Bug Report open on it.

More to follow as I get more news.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

it's certain now, even when refreshing the cookies it does not seem to recognise it.

Really need to relogin to refresh my last visit date.

Marc.

Still not working for me. Hung up with last visit time of Oct 11 2007, 08:54 AM. I visit daily or oftener. I have deleted cookies and temporary internet files. My preference is set for old blue board. After deleting cookies I get new brown board when forum opens and that current time is shown. When I sign in blue board opens and shows Oct 11 date. Without deleting cookies blue board opens with Oct 11 date.

Sorry Ranger. I do see a partial fix on the technical support board for something that sounds related, but I would like to let it 'stew' for a bit and see if they keep fixing the 'fix' or if they are done.

Bruce

Okay, the fix is in, but you also have to:

Please note for it to work correctly for your users, the user must click the "Mark all posts as read" link at the bottom-right of your forum, above the board statistics. This will only need to be done once per user.

Which is on the main board index to the lower right, or click here to mark all posts as read.

Let me know if after you do this you continue to have issues with the board not recognizing your last visit or not showing the correct posts as new since your last visit.

Bruce

Archived