CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ELECTRICAL ISSUES?!

faris_jason

OK GUYS I POSTED A TOPIC A WEEK OR SO AGO ABOUT A RELAY CLICKING IN MY INSTRUMENT PANEL OF MY 2000 DTS. WELL IT WASNT THE PANEL. I PUT MY HEAD NEAR THE DRIVERS SIDE SEAT AND THERE IT IS! IT STARTS CLICKING WITH JUST THE DOOR OPEN! THE KEY DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO BE IN THE IGNITION! THE HEATED SEATS AREN'T ON EITHER! ALSO WHEN I HIT EXIT OR MY MY VEHICLE IS SET TO EXIT THE MIRROES MOVE DOWN LIKE ITS IN REAR PARKING ASSIST BUT ITS NOT! I APPRECIATE ANY INFO YOU GUYS MAY HAVE ON THESE ISSUES.

are you sure that it's not your mirrors clicking??? I know my sts has a similar problem, once every couple of weeks the position of the mirror somehow changes and when I put the car in reverse and the mirror want's to go down it goes too far and starts clicking, sorry kinda hard to explain it. Either way if it is the mirror making the clicking noise the one way to correct it is to set up the mirrors to the correct position and then set the memory setting for Driver 1 and 2. Maybe your memory setting are messed up and when you hit unlock on your remote the mirror starts to move to the setting and starts clicking... maybe someone who knows this better can explain it better then I can, I realize it might sound confusing :huh: good luck anyways

I found that my lumbar support sensor sometimes threw a sensor failure code when I kept it adjusted against a stop, but when I moved it away from the stop it was OK. Something similar might be happening with the memory mirrors. If you are getting a DTC for the mirror position sensor, this might be your problem. Make sure that none of the mirror positions are against the stops, make the settings the standard for Driver 1 (assuming that your fob is for Driver 1), lock the car, and unlock it with Driver 1 fob, and see if it still does it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally figured out what the clicking is! Its either the lumbar support or the massager. When I push the button down it makes the same clicking noise! I didnt know I had a massager until I recently purchased a manual. It seems to work suspect. It says when you push auto is's suppose to start operating. Well I got it to work and the clicking noise hasn't been back! So its something to do with that. Now the only issues I have is my driver side mirror doesn't move curbside when I am in reverse. And my passenger heated seats is inop also!

Archived