CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Climate control problem?

jndnaps

I have an 02 Seville and I'm noticing that the air isn't as cold in the left two vents than the right two.. They are both set on 60 but the pass side is colder.. I had a Vette that did the same thing and I had some fuse or breaker that I had to disconnect and reconnect and it worked. Is there something that I need to do like the vette or is there a problem with the climate control? I've tried it on Auto and not auto but I keep getting the same thing. Usually when it happens, if I change it from auto to manual and/or vise versa, That fixes for the time being..

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

I can always depend on Ranger to help me out here.. Thanks.. That's what I was thinking.. But I didn't have a code and I was really thinking it would do it on both sides.. I don't know jack about A/C.. Well I don't really know much of anything really.. Well I'll try and put a can in it and see what happens.

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Vettes have the same problem when the R143 goes low. Drivers side warm...passengers side cold. My 98 has a compressor seal leak and until I'm ready to replace it, I'm good for 1/2 a can every 2 months. You can reset the air mix actuators by pulling the fuse but you should get a code if this needs to be done.

Archived