CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dyno Run, video inside, GTP tuned!

Grand Prix got a "dyno tune" VIDEO:

Graph [click to enlarge]:

dynorunuq8.th.jpg

226.13 Power 264.26 Torque (266.83 crank 311.83 crank assuming 18% loss?) (83 degrees, 30%humidity).

Got a 14.1 @ about 98mph with 8 degrees of Knock Retard, now tuned and no knock I can feel my goal of 13's being achieved.

Need new injectors, the stock 30lb aren't cutting it anymore (running maxed out for sure) and want to do something about the high end power drop off, rockers are said to be a good next move. Might work on my air box mod a bit.

In 3rd gear where he had the dyno taken is where the poor 3800 engines start to run out of breath with only 12 valves, The graph looks like I may have had more power in 2nd, big drop at the shift it looks like.

I know its not a caddy but figured I share anyway, heck with the new product line up, especially CTS, I'm sure the cadillac performance modifications will be slowly rolling out, especially with the High Feature V6 being spread out among the GM lineup.

Smaller Pulley (3.5 from 3.8, possibly 3.4 eventually)

Colder Thermostat, Plugs

Intake modification, 3 inch downpipe, ported exhaust manifolds, performance resonator,

Aeroforce Scan Guage:

This forum is pretty much responsible for me not being afriad to start wrenching and the tips I tricks I've read here can be applied to almost all vehicles.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Looks like a good result.

Was there a 'before' dyno? Is 83% the accepted loss value for the 4T65e tranny in the GTP?

Did you RUN a 14.1 at 98 mph or that was the dyno prediction routine? With the air coming in you might actually run a bit better. Depend a lot on your 60ft time of cse.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

No before dyno, the RPM pickup was on the fritz for the first few runs. Couldn't use spark because the vehicle has some sort of wastespark system at high rpms. Had to pick it up from the crank pulley, which was hard with how much movement the engine had :P

The time was at the the track. My 60ft needs some work, I know I'll spin, just a matter of how much :P

18% is kinda the middle of the road number, but with stock motormounts (mine are kinda worn looking) and such it could be as high as a 24% loss I've been told. Plus as you said running at the track I could probibly squeeze some better numbers with more than just a big fan on the car. With out a before/after its just kinda a pretty picture :P.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new best time at the most recent time to the track, one of my best 60' times:

R/T: .614

60': 2.013

330: 5.718

1/8th: 8.816

MPH: 79.56

1000: 11.481

1/4: 13.749

MPH: 99.16

The Green's Machines

Archived