CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

First Caddy For Me

Just joined.

Bought a '93 DeVille sedan 2 weeks ago for $1000 from my wife's cousin. 119k miles and been in the family since '95.

I also own a 1981 Olds Delta coupe,1995 GMC Sierra,and 2004 Harley Softail.

I'm 54 and retired after 35 years with GM in Lansing. Used to be the home of Oldsmobile,but now Cadillacs are built here. My brother works at the Cadillac plant in repair. CTS,STS,SRX etc. My daughter works at Lear,building seats for these cars. I had the pleasure of driving many of the '05 SRX,STS,CTS,and CTS-V.

Bill H. Lansing,MI.

:welcomesmiley:

Congrats on the "new" Caddy. What took you so long? You should be a great asset with your background.

Rita had put the car up for sale a few months ago by sticking a "for sale" sign on it parked in the drive. Didn't advertise it. She was asking $1900 and hoping for $1500. I was going to put it on "craigslist" for her. While checking over the Caddy,my wife came out saying that Rita would sell it to us for $1k. It would have been stupid to pass on that,so we bought it on the spot. Uncle Wayne had kept the car in pristine condition until he died a few years ago. Rita didn't keep it up so well. Victim of a local mechanic shop with sloppy repairs. Wayne had it maintained by the dealership,but Rita couldn't afford it. Needless to say,I am getting intimately familar with the Caddy with great results.

Welcome. The 93 Deville sounds like a good car. The Lansing Grand River plant certainly seems to be a terrific factory.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived