CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Quick Fix for Creeking suspension

JLAWS

My struts and springs on my 98 STS have been making more noise than usual. The dealer looked at then and said nothing was wrong. I decided to drench the spring and struts in WD 40. Low and behold all the noise is gone !!!. I'm going on a week with no problem. Give it a try. Make sure you don't spray into the engine bay for some of you that have it exposed. Later

Yeah, I tried the same thing on my '93 Seville. It only lasted for about two weeks and then the squeeking came back. Since then, I used white lithium grease, and that has lasted for months.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Maybe I should try some lithium grease in my joints too. ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I've noticed the same thing on my 92 eldo. It only seems to be noticable when it gets down around freezing....when it warms up, it goes away..... :blink:

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

This creaking noise appears to be coming from

the coil spring to upper rubber spring mount/cushion.

I've found that if you direct/target a spray of silicon

lube to the area where the spring meets this mount/cushion

it quiets the noise for awhile. I'm assuming this rubber

mount/cushion hardens with age, I plan to replace them

soon.

Yes, and it hardens rather quickly too. Mine were replaced less than 50k miles ago, and the passenger side one is already shot. <_>

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived