CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how humiliated can one be

Won't keep everyone sitting at the end of his chair......

....... it was me who got humiliated...... :wipetears

This guy in a Corvette, i asked him for a little match and he agreed.

Lights went to green (in the nl's straight from red to green without orange and all that) and off we went.

Whilst giving full throttle the guy stayed with me for a while but then waved at me and managed to get my mouth to fall open as wide as it could.

While driving around 80km/s (+-50MPH) he left me as if i was standing still...

My mate sitting next to me said my car was crap and that i had to get me one of those.

I already knew i was going to loose, but didn't expect that i would be humiliated to that level!!

hmmm......

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

Don't feel bad, you don't have his power and you weigh much more and you had a passenger. What year was the Vette. I am not surprised you get stomped.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Don't feel bad, you don't have his power and you weigh much more and you had a passenger. What year was the Vette. I am not surprised you get stomped.

No idea of the year, not too old i think.

And believe me.. with the speed he left me behind a passenger more or less wouldn't have made a difference.

And yep Ranger... know a little better where my limitations are now.

Well, looking at the video this was exactly what i was suspecting when i went into the race, that i would loose but just a little.

The Corvette i raced with was leaving me behind BIG TIME!

When i was doing 50Mph he just left me as if i was standing still........

Not surprised....

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but my C5 was way faster than my Northstar...

With minor mods, you can get 385 at the rear tires of a C5... since there's practically no mods for a Northstar, you'd be lucky to be getting 285 at the front tires of an Eldorado Touring Coupe... that's quite a horsepower deficit. And yes, you are heavier, draggier, and the Caddy is harder to launch....

Now, in my mind, the car I drive, and how I judge it, is far far more than quarter mile runs at a drag strip.... daily use is very different than drag strip runs.

Ask yourself this: what is your street usable speed divided by your driver comfort???

Not surprised....

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but my C5 was way faster than my Northstar...

With minor mods, you can get 385 at the rear tires of a C5... since there's practically no mods for a Northstar, you'd be lucky to be getting 285 at the front tires of an Eldorado Touring Coupe... that's quite a horsepower deficit. And yes, you are heavier, draggier, and the Caddy is harder to launch....

Now, in my mind, the car I drive, and how I judge it, is far far more than quarter mile runs at a drag strip.... daily use is very different than drag strip runs.

Ask yourself this: what is your street usable speed divided by your driver comfort???

The 97 Eldorado in the video finished respectable against the Corvette. The owner of the Eldo says he installed a Super Chip that's supposedly better than the average chip. This same Eldorado has raced many times with videos posted on YouTube--It's definitely a quick Eldo. Maybe the Corvette has mods, like nitrous? I know the later year Corvettes are fast, plain and simple. A Northstar does not stand a chance mainly because a Northstar is not in the same class.

Archived