CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Happy Birthday Detroit (soon)

It was 306 years ago on July 24, 1701, that Detroit was founded at Ft. Pontchartrain by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac. Originally the settlement was called Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit after the Comte de Pontchartrain, minister of marine under Louis XIV of France, and for the river that connects Lakes St. Clair and Erie. The Detroit River is about 32 miles (51 km) long and 0.5 to 2.5 miles (1–4 km) wide in the Great Lakes system. The name comes from French Rivière du Détroit, i.e. "River of the Strait". The name is a reference to the fact that the river connects Lake St. Clair to Lake Erie.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It was 306 years ago on July 24, 1701, that Detroit was founded at Ft. Pontchartrain by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac. Originally the settlement was called Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit after the Comte de Pontchartrain, minister of marine under Louis XIV of France, and for the river that connects Lakes St. Clair and Erie. The Detroit River is about 32 miles (51 km) long and 0.5 to 2.5 miles (1–4 km) wide in the Great Lakes system. The name comes from French Rivière du Détroit, i.e. "River of the Strait". The name is a reference to the fact that the river connects Lake St. Clair to Lake Erie.

Well, happy birthday, Detroit !! :bday:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived