CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DIC blackout mode? '96 SLS

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

One of the things I loved about my '93 STS was being able to press the "Display On/Off" button and make all the eye-candy graphics on the DIC, climate control and trip computer go bye-bye. Much more rebe quietl on the eyes on a long night drive to just see the analog tach and speedo gauges without all the LCD/LED/whatever stuff. 'Course, the DIC would come back to life automatically for an important message...

So is there any button or combo of buttons that will do the trick on my '96 SLS?

Thanks as always!

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Mark,

Just press the INFORMATION button to scroll through the parameters until the DIC goes blank.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Howyadoin,

Thanks for the reply! On my '93, pressing "display on/off" shut off the whole shootin' match; DIC, climate control, and trip computer, leaving just the analog gauges. The "info" button on the console on the '96 doesn't affect the climate control or odometer/trip odometer.

Oh well... I guess I'm too much of a data junkie to really want to turn that stuff off anyways. :)

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Archived