CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

brakes

I just got my 96STS back this afternoon, had to replace the radiator. when I was paying my mechanic he let me know that I need new brakes. he said there about to start squeeking. I trust my mechanic, I truely do. But my question is, which brakes do I need vs. which brakes should i get. STANDARD,CARBON-METALIC,CERAMIC,OR THE Z-RATED. I know this is going to sound bad but I work at a large parts store and i should know . I can get the brakes cheeper than most and my buddy can put them on. Money usually is not a problem but just got my rad replaced. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION.

I bought some carbon metallics from autozone, they seemed much better than the cheapo albany brake pads that I had before. They seemed to "grab" better and they didn't make as much brake dust on the wheels.

I use Raybestos Quiet Stop front and rear. They stop great and are very low dusting to keep your wheels looking good.

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I've used Bosch Premium Brake Pads. They stop great with a nice firm feel, no noise, very low dust, and very long lasting. After 10K, the fronts still look like new, rears show some wear. Bosch products generally don't get good reviews, but their brake pads work excellent for me.

Stay away from AFTERMARKET ceramic pads. I bought those 9 months ago. They displace material onto the rotors. I cut the rotors 3 times, in 6 months due to a pulsating brake pedal. The rotors are STILL the same thickness, as the first time I did the pads.

Archived