CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XLR????

coolnesss

Well, my ETC got stolen last night - so I'm in the market for another car.

First on my list is an XLR - if I can get some dough together.

Is there any information/gossip on the XLR over time? Good cars?

Sorry to hear your Cadillac got stolen.

The XLRs seem to be very good cars. I have read some reports about getting the top stuck 1/2 way up/down, but there are some technical details that once you learn more about the top mechanism it seems to be no problem. Otherwise very nice cars, and certainly not something that would make me think twice about owning one.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ouch....Leave the keys in the car???

A.J.

Nope - I got the keys. Go figure.

Yes, the XLR is a very nice car,and Cadillac should get a gold star for that car. There has been a few problems in the first two years of production . It is very difficult to dulicate time (years) in the lab. Cadillac has address these problems in 06` and later models of the XLR. There was a issue of an oil leak around the front timing cover that was fixed with a new gasket and longer screws. When they came out with the XLR-V they used a larger radiator that they put in all the models 06` on. This helped with a radiator leak on the 04` and 05` models. MY 06` was a re-buy by Cadillac to fix the roof problem. They re-set the switch limits, reprogramed the computer and gave a 12 month warranty on parts, etc. I have had no problems since Feb. with the top or any other part of the car. I recently took a trip to Idaho, put on around 1200 miles and got betwwen 25-28 miles a gallon. This motor hasn`t used any oil like the Northstar in my 98` eldorado or 93` allante did. Yea. The XLR comes filled Mobil 1 because they didn`t have room for an oil cooler. There is no spare tire, again no room so, it rides on run flat tires. You can go 125 miles @55 mphs before you loose the tire. With Onstar you have to wait but, they will sent help out to you. It`s a very fast car with ability to manual shift thru the gears or left the auto shift for you. Some people say they would rather have a corvette but, its personal preference. I believe the XLR is more stylish, rarer car, and a better riding car than the vette. The vette is faster but, the XLR is a very fast Cadillac..... not a Chevolet. If you can come up with the monies buy a 06` or later model. By all means go do a test drive at the very least.

Wow...then some pro must have bypassed the Anti-theft :blink: ....I think thats a first for this board...

A.J.

Wow...then some pro must have bypassed the Anti-theft :blink: ....I think thats a first for this board...

Turned out they had the keys.

I had a home invasion robbery here a coupla months ago - and I went to get the car today - and in the ignition were a couple of keys that I had forgotten about. There were in a drawer with some cheap jewelry that the thieves took in the robbery.

They ripped out the radio - breaking the dash in the process. Took the CD Changer, naturally. Oddly, they took one of the sun visors, and left one hanging by the light wire - go figure. And they took the Onstar phone. They took the tools from the trunk - but left the Helms manuals - all of them. I had a couple of kid's toys in the trunk that were going to be a gift for a small boy I know - they took those. I had two pieces of medical machinery in the trunk - an old EKG machine, which they left, and an autoclave (steam-pressure sterilizer) which they took - maybe to sterilize their needles - the thieves were drug peeps. And there were three boxes of dessert dishes - they took those. Apparently they were driving it around for 10 days - and hadn't changed out the license plates. Who can guess how thieves' minds works!

I fear the car is going to be totalled - and the only other car I would buy is an XLR - but don't have 50 grand spare lying around for a used one. Now, I'll have to rob a bank . . . . are contributions to bail a benefit of this board???

Archived