CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Test Drive Unlimited

Picked up Test Drive Unlimited for the PC today. It is a GT4 type driving game with missions & etc. Started out with a Saturn Sky, did a couple of rookie races, then drove up the coast to the Cadillac dealer to shop. A nice sales lady let me take their only model, an XLR-V, out for a spin. Apparently there is also a CTS-V available as a download for the XBOX360, but not clear on whether it is also downloadable for the PC version.

Overall the game played smoothly and seems fun. No photos yet, as apparently that has to be 'unlocked' by mission successes or something.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Here are in-game images of the XLR-V:

20070619160901.jpg

20070619155025.jpg

There is a CTS-V downloadable for the XBOX-360 version, but no downloadable cars so far for the PC version.

Orig imags 1280x1024 shrunk by photobucket to 800x640 then by the forum to 80%, but you can get an impression.

Bruce

This game also allows user created content in the form of custom challenges. I have created some in-game Cadillac challenges for the XLR-V, mostly easy stuff but requiring that the XLR-V be used for the race. Only 1 user challenge at a time per user, but I'll cycle them through. My userid for TDU is Dwerkin22 btw in case anyone else plays.

The XLR-V modelled in the video has a "Stage 3" upgrade, so no speed limiter, and 528hp.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about getting this game, I have a racing wheel so It would make it that much more fun.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Yes, I got a Logitech Momo wheel/pedal combo which has worked great for it. I understand the higher end Logitech wheel/pedal set is preferrable, but the I have no complaints on the Momo. The force feedback function is used in the game to let you know when the car is getting loose, which is nice. Overall the game is a very good time. Apparently the first patch is overdue from May, and I wish they would slot in the CTS-V they added for the XBOX360 variant.

Bruce

Yeah, in a game it nice to test drive and not worry about treadlife and fender benders :)

I have a Saitek 440 force feedback wheel, force feedback is a must in my opinion, even in games where their isn't force feedback you can control how stiff the wheel is.

If I get the game I'll let you know, we can tear of the streets together. Does this PC version have the same massive multiplayer feel the 360 version has?

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I haven't played the 360 ver, but you do see other people in the online PC version, and can setup match races with individuals, cruises, or ranked races with up to I guess 6 cars.

Bruce

Archived