CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

power steering pulley

joeb

ok, i got a pulley puller and the pulley will not come off. there is a female hex on the pulley shaft. what is that for? the puller grips onto the outside lip and the puller has a threaded shaft that pushes against the hex. i am gripping the small diameter with the puller. its about 1.5 inches in diameter. any ideas? p.s. i found a link online and it seems i should be pushing inside the hex, not against the lip. the puller comes with a longer tip and i just used it and the pulley came off fine. duh.

post-418-1181008527_thumb.jpg

ok, i got a pulley puller and the pulley will not come off. there is a female hex on the pulley shaft. what is that for? the puller grips onto the outside lip and the puller has a threaded shaft that pushes against the hex. i am gripping the small diameter with the puller. its about 1.5 inches in diameter. any ideas? p.s. i found a link online and it seems i should be pushing inside the hex, not against the lip. the puller comes with a longer tip and i just used it and the pulley came off fine. duh.

Why are you removing the pulley on the power steering pump? Is this part of the Timesert job? If so, just remove the single mounting bolt and remove the whole pump. Save the power steering puller to remove the waterpump pulley from the cam.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

yes now that the pump is off i can see the mounting bolt for the bracket. oh well, not a big deal. i had been looking at that bracket for a week and figured it came off at an angle. i never really looked too close. i used the puller to take off the wp pulley too. it was an autozone free rental.

Archived