CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

need rear struts

I have a leak in the right (passenger side) rear strut, the dealer wants $800+ to install a new one, I want to buy used ( $600.00 for an air shock is unreal), anyone know of any sites online that sell quality used OEM parts?

I have a leak in the right (passenger side) rear strut, the dealer wants $800+ to install a new one, I want to buy used ( $600.00 for an air shock is unreal), anyone know of any sites online that sell quality used OEM parts?

Hi Tim

If you are looking for used struts, I recommend cadauto.com in Sacramento. I have dealt with them twice, just super guys.

Good luck.

Regards

Runar

Hi Tim

If you are looking for used struts, I recommend cadauto.com in Sacramento. I have dealt with them twice, just super guys.

Good luck.

Regards

Runar

Thanks guys!

Monroe makes electronic shocks/struts at somewhere around 400 bux a pop - and there have been a couple of positive posts about them on this board, and, so far, nothing negative.

Would these be the same types as in the STS/Eldo's?

(You coming from the NL's or BE Tim?)

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

The part number from dealer is 22064727 for an FE3 suspension system, I am told this shock fits many different models

• 1 month later...

The part number from dealer is 22064727 for an FE3 suspension system, I am told this shock fits many different models

After 2 months of trying I finally got the correct electronic shock sent to me, Now they have to pick up three separate orders that were wrong. Used dealers kept sending regular air shocks. Got the shock for $250. and another $50. to have it installed.

This is the third auto that I owned with air shocks (leveler etc) and I really can't tell the difference of the ride of electronic shocks.

Two things really surprised me.... one is that the air compressor was fried (probably caused by the leak of the air shock) and no codes went off stating that I had a suspension problem, and also when a new compressor was installed that again no codes stating one of the shocks had a leak.

The only way that I found out is when I put a heavy load in the trunk, it raised then went back down and I could see it.

Archived