CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Must Be Seen To Be Believed

ted tcb

Here's the link ... its definitely worth the look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STS-RED-ALL...1QQcmdZViewItem

The owner has purchased stick on, add on baubles that I never knew existed. Look closely, especially in the interior shots.

Every inch of that interior has a stick on logo, wreath, crest, piece of gold, chrome, or tacked on wood.

Simply amazing .... beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

post-1542-1179633070_thumb.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Uhhh, did you notice the end of the turn signal lever ... looks like a swastika.

Have you seen what Tom Wolfe (author of "The Bonfire of the Vanities" ... etc ) did to his DeVille?

http://brandnoise.typepad.com/brand_noise/...olfe_pimps.html

From the NYTimes link:

In the display case of auto mythology, Mr. Wolfe's Moby DeVille could take its place alongside Lyle Lovett's long white Caddy; the long black Cadillacs of blues belters; and the pink Cadillacs of Elvis, Aretha, Springsteen and the Mary Kay cosmetics lady.

BUT!!

From the May Rockauto newletter (scroll down) http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/index.html (I am quoting the article and inserting the picture cause it looks like when the June newletter arrives this one will be gone ...)

I thought you would like to see my 1962 Cadillac.

She just had a full brake service done. The brake shoes, drums, cylinders, along with replacing all the brake pipe work. Also replaced the rear lower control arms and bushings.

The car has been in the UK for about three years....and what can I say...the feeling you get when you drive this fine lady is so good and the attention she draws from people of all ages is great!

We searched for almost ten years before we found her...I just love it. When we show the car it is amazing the number of people who just want to touch her and especially the rear fins. Most people are amazed at this piece of American automotive history.

Regards,

Mark Kibble (England)

post-168-1179639043_thumb.jpg

Yes, the turn signal stalk does indeed have a Swastika on it.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Here's the link ... its definitely worth the look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STS-RED-ALL...1QQcmdZViewItem

The owner has purchased stick on, add on baubles that I never knew existed. Look closely, especially in the interior shots.

Every inch of that interior has a stick on logo, wreath, crest, piece of gold, chrome, or tacked on wood.

Simply amazing .... beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

Just when I thought that I've seen it all, unbelievable..................

The turn signal end is a leather weave button, often found on many older coats.

While a little strange, in my opinion, not sinister.

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

What's the word I'm looking for . . . . "stunning?"

Yep, That's it! I'm stunned. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Did you also notice that the picture of the owner's manual is for a 1998 STS and not a 1999 like it is advertised?

Max

Missed that, but with such sharp eyes around here little goes unnoticed. Nice catch.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Did you also notice that the picture of the owner's manual is for a 1998 STS and not a 1999 like it is advertised?

Max

I see 1999 imprinted on the manual, where do you see 1998? The holder looks identical to my 1999.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Max

I see 1999 imprinted on the manual, where do you see 1998? The holder looks identical to my 1999.

Here ??

post-416-1179709127_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

According to the VIN that is given, that vehicle is not a 1998 model. The tenth character of the VIN for a 1998 Seville would be W.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

According to the VIN that is given, that vehicle is not a 1998 model. The tenth character of the VIN for a 1998 Seville would be W.

It's advertised as a1999 model.

Posted Image

Uhhh, did you notice the end of the turn signal lever ... looks like a swastika.

Have you seen what Tom Wolfe (author of "The Bonfire of the Vanities" ... etc ) did to his DeVille?

http://brandnoise.typepad.com/brand_noise/...olfe_pimps.html

From the NYTimes link:

In the display case of auto mythology, Mr. Wolfe's Moby DeVille could take its place alongside Lyle Lovett's long white Caddy; the long black Cadillacs of blues belters; and the pink Cadillacs of Elvis, Aretha, Springsteen and the Mary Kay cosmetics lady.

BUT!!

From the May Rockauto newletter (scroll down) http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/index.html (I am quoting the article and inserting the picture cause it looks like when the June newletter arrives this one will be gone ...)

I thought you would like to see my 1962 Cadillac.

She just had a full brake service done. The brake shoes, drums, cylinders, along with replacing all the brake pipe work. Also replaced the rear lower control arms and bushings.

The car has been in the UK for about three years....and what can I say...the feeling you get when you drive this fine lady is so good and the attention she draws from people of all ages is great!

We searched for almost ten years before we found her...I just love it. When we show the car it is amazing the number of people who just want to touch her and especially the rear fins. Most people are amazed at this piece of American automotive history.

Regards,

Mark Kibble (England)

mark, that is one sweeeeeeeeeet '62 which engine is in it??...........................................red

I was quoting the entry by Mark Kibble from the rockauto newsletter ... Never met the gentleman, but that is a lovely '62.

ohh, and the Tom Wolfe link is interesting as well ...

One word for that....GAUDY!!! WAIT A MINUTE, HERE IS ANOTHER WORD.....DISGUSTING :o:o

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Archived