CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I made it back

kdaddy

I just got back from a 240 mile trip to bring back my 1991 Fleetwood I purchased off Ebay for $650 - CHEAP! Well, as you all probably know it had a bad head gasket. I would like to thank everyone’s input about stopping every so often ( In my case 3 times). I stopped and checked the coolant level each time and can honestly say that at the MOST I lost ounces of coolant at most. Also, with the thermostat out the car NEVER overheated. So I am taking the challenge to see if head gasket repair products work. I already have another perfect caddy I just want to see for myself if this stuff (Sodium Silicate) works. I will let you know very soon. See Funks post about Heal a Seal. As for me I will try Bars Head Gasket Repair. Will get back soon!

Kdaddy

I will post some as soon as the weather gets nice here in NY. In the meantime here is the link to the EBAY site. You WILL be amazed at the condition as I was. I stole it for $650. Everything looks great on the car(except for the snow) as you will see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...389863&rd=1

I love that color! Glad to hear you made it back. I bought a 90 deville for $800 last year. That's what got me on caddy's. It had 166,000 miles and drove like a dream. I bought it without even starting it. The battery was dead so I offered $800. I still wish I had that car... :(

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

I love that color! Glad to hear you made it back. I bought a 90 deville for $800 last year. That's what got me on caddy's. It had 166,000 miles and drove like a dream. I bought it without even starting it. The battery was dead so I offered $800. I still wish I had that car... :(

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I will post some as soon as the weather gets nice here in NY. In the meantime here is the link to the EBAY site. You WILL be amazed at the condition as I was. I stole it for $650. Everything looks great on the car(except for the snow) as you will see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...389863&rd=1

[/quot

Not bad looking good luck. let me know it it passed emissions without spending tons of money.

Archived