CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front end fix?

Bentham

Hi there. My front 'bumper' came loose somehow and I can't seem to reattach it. It looks like it should just snap back on. Am I missing something?

Thanks

-Eric

post-3-1081210739.jpg

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Drill 2 holes in your fender behind the cornering lamp, then drill 2 holes in your bumper. Get a wire hanger and straighten it out. Cut it into 2 pieces then feed one piece thru the bumper and thru the fender. Do this with the second piece. With a pair of plyers, twist the ends of the hanger together. Your bumper will never come off again! LOL

Just kiddin of course:)

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Drill 2 holes in your fender behind the cornering lamp, then drill 2 holes in your bumper. Get a wire hanger and straighten it out. Cut it into 2 pieces then feed one piece thru the bumper and thru the fender. Do this with the second piece. With a pair of plyers, twist the ends of the hanger together. Your bumper will never come off again! LOL

Just kiddin of course:)

Jeff

How y'all doin,

Wire hanger?!? Hell, son, y'all ain't been around the block too many times, have you? Any good ole boy oughta know that's a job for that there baling wire! You wrap it up with the baling wire, then you stick some chewing gum (Bubbalicious, naturally) on the ends so's they don't corroud...cooroude...carroud...um...rust!

Besides, you're gonna need that wire hanger onaccounta!

:D

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

[bump]

Seriously - I need help.. I have to drive to school tomorrow

There is a white piece of plastic that, I think, it connects to. But I can't get it to 'snap' in

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

It doesn't snap in. It slides into a plastic groove. You might be able to slide it in by playing with it a little. You will probably end up having to take off the bumper and put it on again. Look at this thread and find the diagram by careldo. Its for the rear, but the front goes in the same way.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=948

Speaking of baling wire, I had a front mud flap hitting my tire when I took a turn on my truck. I then decided to drill a hole through the mud flap and wire it back to the nerf bar under the door. It has been working for 8 years now. My wife still shakes her head when she sees it. Baling wire is also a good tailpipe hanger. I have baling wire in my tool box right beside my Duct Tape. LOL

accounta kinte ?  haha

I have 'Big Red' [to match my car] in hand - Be back in a bit

-Eric

Howyadoin,

No, no... onaccounta I locked the keys in the car... :lol:

-Rav

P.S.

Speaking of baling wire, I had a front mud flap hitting my tire when I took a turn on my truck.

That just might be the Great American Sentence right there... It's got trucks, mud, tires and, of course, baling wire. I want you all to take your hats off when you read that sentence, by jiminy!

:)

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Archived