CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New XLR- to me anyway

I know there is another web site the XLR but, the the responce there is several days old and not too hands on with the owners. Does the new Northstar have the same oil comsumption issues that the front wheel drive Northstars have? I was surprized to see the XLR`s motor uses the same amount of oil the front wheel drive motors use. I`m asking these questions because I just bought a`06 XLR with17,000 miles on it. I sold my `93 allante , robbed a bank and bought my new car. The XLR is totally amazing. I know some issues have come up on the first two years of production and they were addressed as they happened but, WOW. Not much room for hauling crap with the top down but, so what. The car is fast, very fast. It makes the other Northstars seem slow by comparison. What about a FSM? Are they available? Have some fun and go test drive one of those cars.

You DOG!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wanting one of those cars - but the banks here in Hollywood have lots of guards.

Details are required on this board for this kind of posting - color, equipment, price, what's the thing you like best about it - please do tell!!!!!

Nice, congrats. After test driving an XLR I think they are one of my favorites. As Ferris Bueller said, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up".

Pics, we need pics.

Not sure on the oil consumption issue; just check it now and then and don't worry about it and enjoy the XLR.

I think http://www.helminc.com is still the right place for factory service manuals.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

what I like best.......everything. The HUD is pretty cool. I panic less now when I pass a "Barney Fife" because i can see the speed without looking down to instrument panel. The VVT motor is real strong. It pulls hard at low rpms, not like the frontwheel drive Northstars do around 3000 rpms but, all thru the range.

I`m a bozo.... how do I post a pic?

Archived