CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99-04 K-body performance front rotors

alwing17

Needed front rotors and pads for my '01 STS,and ran through the parts catalog @ work... AC-Delco offers drilled,slotted,unidirectional performance rotors for 99-04 K bodies. So I ordered me up a pair to try them out(not too happy w/the brakes,anyway) They came in today,and I was impressed...Made in USA by Raybestos inc. They were about $75.00 each w/my discount...Installed them w/ OE pads ( The OE pads come w/new electronic wear sensors,and new hardware) I still have to get the pads bedded in and will get back w/ my evaluation. For those who are interested...here are the PN#'s. GM#89000529 LH...#89000530 RH. Or if you go to an AC-Delco supplier,or parts house that carries AC-Delco parts...#18A1179 LH...#18A1180RH. They maybe more money if you can't get a discount.

I have Powerstop drilled rotors on my '97. Best money I ever spent on that car. They've been on for over 70k miles now. No pad replacement, no rotor warpage, no nothing. Just excellent brakes. I paired mine with Bendix HD pads, and they've been great so far. Very little dust.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I did Power slot cross drilled and Dimpled rotors. With EBC Green Stuff Pads. I'm not running them anymore but the difference between this setup and Cross drilled rotors/stock pads and a full oem setup is amazing. Not only were the rotors great but the pads were a complete 180 from what the OEM's ever offered. I do miss them. :(

Pics of the setup.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...ic=7407&hl=

IPB Image

Archived