CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX Oil fliter

skuzzlebutt

Call me what you will but i'm having a heck of a time finding the location of the oil filter for my 2005 SRX.. Could someone help me out please asap. Thanks

Ken

Regards,

Warren

post-416-1166343960_thumb.jpg

post-416-1166343980_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Call me what you will but i'm having a heck of a time finding the location of the oil filter for my 2005 SRX.. Could someone help me out please asap. Thanks

Ken

Well... mine is 04 but I don't think location of oil filter is any different.

Look closer toward the front bumber on the driver side of the engine bottom. It sticks vertically down and actually quite easy to reach and unscrew. I remember thinking when I was inspecting the bottom of my car for the first time: "this is a first car I see where you don't need extra elbow to reach an oil filter. :D "

Yours sounds like a Northstar SRX...easy oil filter. I think his may be the V6 variety, and I think Warren's drawings are of the V6 engine.

Charles

No, yes, and yes.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Those aren't.......timing BELTS on that engine right? I'm 99% sure the 3.6L V-6 engines use timing chains...right?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived