CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Twinstar Caddy

Astrak

I read the original article in Car and Driver in 1999, and it did have pictures. The article was a little longer with the typical C&D sauciness; they called the rear engine a "Southstar" for example, and I don't see such in this link so it is abridged.

The people in FL have a web site and still offer the dual-engine upgrade. I expect that they would do the same for an STS. There is a press release dating to 2000 about a 300/300 hp version that they offered for sale in 2000.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

a long time ago a company called Grant did the same thing with a '66 Toronado, they had 770hp!

sometimes i wonder if there are any original ideas left in the world.

can you imagine the nightmare of the head gaskets going on that eldo, how long would it take to timesert both motors

the Grant Toro didn't have to alter the bodywork, they got the motor in the back and managed to shut the trunk, but they did have to put the rear motor north-south though and make an input shaft to connect the tranny

edit is trying to post a picture but it kept messing around and i decided to remove it

People do some crazy things..

One guy I've spoken with claims that he knows how to put a second motor in the trunk and get the power to the wheels via hydraulic fluid lines.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived