CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Your Car's Birthday

Poobah

While looking into another issue, I pulled up the carpet in the right rear corner of my trunk. Between the carpet and the steel floor panel, I found a large (approximately 4"x8") cardboard tag which is tied to the body with a string so it won't get lost. On the tag are printed various inspections with blanks for the inspectors' signatures and dates. Mine are all dated 12/2/93. I assume that is my car's assembly (or birth) date.

Knowing this, I might want to plan a birthay party or have its horoscope drawn up (it's a Sagittarius). :D

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

While looking into another issue, I pulled up the carpet in the right rear corner of my trunk. Between the carpet and the steel floor panel, I found a large (approximately 4"x8") cardboard tag which is tied to the body with a string so it won't get lost. On the tag are printed various inspections with blanks for the inspectors' signatures and dates. Mine are all dated 12/2/93. I assume that is my car's assembly (or birth) date.

Knowing this, I might want to plan a birthay party or have its horoscope drawn up (it's a Sagittarius). :D

Sagitarius Caddy's can't sit still. They enjoy watching themselves as they zoooooooooooom past store fronts and buildings with LOTS of mirrors...!! LOL!!!!!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I can't find an exact date for my car, I'm sure Cadillac could actually find it in their records, but the door placard for my car says "07/91" as the date of manufacture.

This would mean that my car is either a Cancer or a Leo.

I suspect "baby greyhound" is a Leo based upon the personality that this car has. Fearless, intelligent, fast and powerful.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I suspect "baby greyhound" is a Leo based upon the personality that this car has. Fearless, intelligent, fast and powerful.

I'd say that pretty much describes any Cadillac, regardless of build date! :)

For better or worse, I think cars have less personality in general these days. My old '84 Cutlass had plenty of personality -- it liked to be pumped twice when it was stone cold outside (carburetor). It liked to be pumped only once if it was merely cool. If it was warm, sometimes I wouldn't have to pump it at all, even after overnight. She liked to warm up a bit before going...that EFE valve on the driver exhaust manifold kept performance to a minimum until the car was warmed up. And if it was anywhere near warm outside, she just had to have the T Tops off riding around. :)

My Cadillac, on the other hand, will do anything, regardless of environment. And it does it the same way everytime. I guess I'd call it consistency. It's consistently fast, consistently reliable, consistently cool. Whether you warm it up for a few minutes before driving off, or get right on it if you're in a hurry, it runs the same.

Oh, there was something my Oldsmobile did very consistently -- get really bad gas mileage (15 in town, maybe 20 on the road). My Cadillac approaches 30 mpg on the highway -- my Cutlass wouldn't get that if I dropped it out of an airplane.

Man I loved that Oldsmobile. :) The only car I sold that I truly feel sad about (it was my first car). I did sell it to buy an engagement ring for my now-wife, so I don't regret the sale, but I'd buy that Cutlass back a second if I could. I still keep in touch with her current owners, so I'll be waiting... :) That car's birthday was August 27th, 1984, whatever astrology sign that is.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I suspect "baby greyhound" is a Leo based upon the personality that this car has.  Fearless, intelligent, fast and powerful.

I'd say that pretty much describes any Cadillac, regardless of build date! :)

For better or worse, I think cars have less personality in general these days. My old '84 Cutlass had plenty of personality -- it liked to be pumped twice when it was stone cold outside (carburetor). It liked to be pumped only once if it was merely cool. If it was warm, sometimes I wouldn't have to pump it at all, even after overnight. She liked to warm up a bit before going...that EFE valve on the driver exhaust manifold kept performance to a minimum until the car was warmed up. And if it was anywhere near warm outside, she just had to have the T Tops off riding around. :)

My Cadillac, on the other hand, will do anything, regardless of environment. And it does it the same way everytime. I guess I'd call it consistency. It's consistently fast, consistently reliable, consistently cool. Whether you warm it up for a few minutes before driving off, or get right on it if you're in a hurry, it runs the same.

Oh, there was something my Oldsmobile did very consistently -- get really bad gas mileage (15 in town, maybe 20 on the road). My Cadillac approaches 30 mpg on the highway -- my Cutlass wouldn't get that if I dropped it out of an airplane.

Man I loved that Oldsmobile. :) The only car I sold that I truly feel sad about (it was my first car). I did sell it to buy an engagement ring for my now-wife, so I don't regret the sale, but I'd buy that Cutlass back a second if I could. I still keep in touch with her current owners, so I'll be waiting... :) That car's birthday was August 27th, 1984, whatever astrology sign that is.

August 27 is Virgo - the perfectionist.

Sounds pretty accurate to me based on how you describe your Olds. Demanding perfectionist.

Let me get this straight, you traded your car for a wife? LOLOL!!!!!!!!

(just kidding) ;)

As for most Caddy's having the same personality as my Caddy, NOT TRUE!!

With the exception of one other Caddy owner I know who literally uses his STS like a Jeep, driving through the forest and over all sorts of terrain with his car, everyone else I know keeps their Caddy under enormous control, allowing the car to be more like a kitten than a Lion.

I remember one day I saw the aforementioned STS after the owner had just come back from deer hunting upstate New York. The car was literally covered with mud and I could have sworn I saw that grill smiling headlamp to headlamp!!

Jason:

Your Cutlass has unresolved issues from the past that come into its interactions with others today. <_<

Marika:

Your SLS needs to take it slowly today, not get spread too thin, and stay focused on the task before it. :blink:

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived