CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Compatible Radios

GreenMachine

Thinking of getting a CD/Cassette player radio for my father for Christmas...the only problem is that all the radios up to 2005 for the deville look the same but I don't know if they will actually work in my 98.

Currently it has the base radio (I think) with just the cassette. The Cassette doesn't work right (tried cleaning and that didn't help) and I have a 12 disk changer.

What I was looking to get is a radio with the in dash CD Player, Cassette, and the ability to work with the changer. From info I recieve in one of the other threads the 97-99 Deville radio will work with the changer and CD player combo, but I don't know about all the other years and I know caddy stopped having the option for it 2000 so I am unsure if a changer would work? or did they still offer that as an option? (I know I saw one of the post 2000 Deville's with a glove box changer at the auto show a few years back).

What year of Cadillac OEM radios would work? Would the Bose head unit work with a non-Bose system? What about those RDS radios, would be nice to have that feature.

All things I am baffled on.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Thinking of getting a CD/Cassette player radio for my father for Christmas...the only problem is that all the radios up to 2005 for the deville look the same but I don't know if they will actually work in my 98.

Currently it has the base radio (I think) with just the cassette. The Cassette doesn't work right (tried cleaning and that didn't help) and I have a 12 disk changer.

What I was looking to get is a radio with the in dash CD Player, Cassette, and the ability to work with the changer. From info I recieve in one of the other threads the 97-99 Deville radio will work with the changer and CD player combo, but I don't know about all the other years and I know caddy stopped having the option for it 2000 so I am unsure if a changer would work? or did they still offer that as an option? (I know I saw one of the post 2000 Deville's with a glove box changer at the auto show a few years back).

What year of Cadillac OEM radios would work? Would the Bose head unit work with a non-Bose system? What about those RDS radios, would be nice to have that feature.

I have an in dash factory cd from a 98 model that is complete with the wood grain face plate and heater controls. I bought this for my 96 SLS but it wouldn't work with my system.

If you're interested please let me know. iolostit@yahoo.

I have an in dash factory cd from a 98 model that is complete with the wood grain face plate and heater controls. I bought this for my 96 SLS but it wouldn't work with my system.

I am intrested, but I have the base model with digital dash so my heater controls are part of the "gauge" area. Is that removable or part of the radio? You wouldn't happen to have a picture available would you?

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I am intrested, but I have the base model with digital dash so my heater controls are part of the "gauge" area. Is that removable or part of the radio? You wouldn't happen to have a picture available would you?

Let me see if I can get a picture of it and post it. This radio and heater controler is digital as far as I know. At least the read out is LED so I guess that would make it digital. I'll dig the parts out and see just what it is.

If I remember right this is NOT a Bose system if that makes any difference to you. I think the car needs a Bose radio if the radio it has now is a factory Bose system. You may want to check that out.

I'll get the pictures on as quick as I can. Thanks for the interest.

my current system is non-Bose and I'm not 100% of what options were what in regards to "base" radio options.

The Green's Machines

I wouldn't know where to look but from my understanding all 98 Deville models have an amp.

The Green's Machines

my main concern was getting something that looks good in the old radios place, steering wheel controls still work, and my changer to still work.

This would be a nice radio if I could find it for a good deal, fills the whole area for the radio, the green kinda matches the digital dash, and it has casette, cd, and the ability to work with the cd changer I have:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...2869141,00.html

The main thing is that I need a tape deck too (my father still uses them things sometimes).

I like that one too because it has a 9 band equalizer rather than just "bass" and "treble" knobs...that is one thing i liked about the 92 Caddy we had, that "symphony sound" system had an actual equalizer on it.

The Green's Machines

Archived