CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Not a cadillac, but hopefully someone can help

Hopefully you guys won't kick me out of here, but I have a question about a non-cadillac! :D My wife's 2001 Beetle air bag light is on and won't go off. It seemed to happen shortly after I replaced the battery, but can't say for sure. I've google info on if for over an hour with no sure answer, seems this is a common problem though. Can't even find a good Beetle forum (or maybe I am just spolied by this one :D ). My local mechaninc who I always go to looked at it and tried to pull codes, but said I will have to take it to a VW dealship. Grrr. Anybody have any info/experience on this? Thanks ahead of time! I really wanna aviod the whole dealership thing if I can.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

IF the airbag is not malfuctioning, then if you wait a week or so, the light should selfcorrect. Otherwise you can use a reset tool to reset it. One such tool is the VAG COM computer based software and cable, for around $299.

With airbags, I would take it by the dealer just to be sure, especially if still under warranty.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

IF the airbag is not malfuctioning, then if you wait a week or so, the light should selfcorrect. Otherwise you can use a reset tool to reset it. One such tool is the VAG COM computer based software and cable, for around $299.

With airbags, I would take it by the dealer just to be sure, especially if still under warranty.

Thanks for the reply Bruce, and for not caring about the non-cadillac vehicle post. :D

Yeah, that's what I'm reading - take it to the dealer. It's not under warranty, and it's been on for at least a month or so, just thought I'd explore all my options and make sure there wasn't some secret I didn't know about. Thanks again.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived